We’re Looking for Subject Matter Experts!
As part of our program development efforts, we are looking for multiple Subject Matter Experts, to contribute to the building of technical contents for our educational programs. As a Subject Matter Expert, your duties will include evaluating our certification program needs and, working with Product Manager and other SMEs, delivering suitable syllabus, ODs and question solutions.
Subject Matter Experts
As part of our program development efforts, we are looking for multiple Subject Matter Experts, to contribute to the building of technical contents for our certification programs. As a Subject Matter Expert, your duties will include evaluating our certification program needs and, working with the Product Manager and other SMEs, delivering a suitable syllabus, ODs and creating or evaluating questions. To ensure success, a Subject Matter Expert should possess an exceptional track record in evaluating similar needs and pioneering the development of IT certification program solutions.
Subject Matter Expert Responsibilities:
- Apply subject expertise in the evaluation of company program needs.
- Consult with industry peers and contribute specialized knowledge.
- Recommend solutions, determine exam syllabus and object domain requirements.
- Provide subject expertise during program development.
- Develop exam questions for live-in-the-app and multiple-answer format.
- Research new trends in the scope of exam development. Understanding the needs of the relevant market.
Subject Matter Expert Requirements:
- Computer Science degree, with high-level knowledge and expertise in multiple coding languages.
- Demonstrable credentials as a leading Subject Matter Expert.
- 3-10 years of experience working in the relevant area of expertise.
- Knowledge of IT certification and training industries advantageous.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following coding languages:
- Knowledge of systems and software engineering to optimally integrate subject expertise in software solution designs.
- Excellent recordkeeping, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
Average Time Commitment:
General SMEs will be a sounding board to multiple teams through the Certification platform. Time commitments will vary based on exam or practice test assignment from the Knowledge Pillars CTO and CPO.
SMEs, on average, will spend 2-3 hours per day (average 2 weeks) creating or evaluating an exam or practice test. One SME can be assigned multiple exams based on his or her experience and knowledge level. Some exams will require more or less time depending on what is arranged with teams regarding the exam requirements and roadmap.
Why be an SME?
Admittedly, being a subject matter expert is a lot of work. So, why do it? There are some major benefits to being a domain expert. In fact, it’s a great way to accelerate your professional development. In the last few years, SMEs have become more valuable than ever.
As a subject matter expert, you can:
- Raise your profile with peers in your field of coding expertise
- Leverage your reputation to become a selling point for future career opportunities
- Increase your worth to any organization
- Elevate your role and be a part of strategic decisions
- Become a trusted advisor
The importance of subject matter experts cannot be understated. We value our SMEs expertise, knowledge and professionalism. As a subject matter expert, you can play a significant role in the sales process, product development and the Knowledge Pillars organization at large.