What’s a certification?
- a certification is an official document, or digital document, attesting the status of a certain achievement. In the IT learning industries, this can come in the form of a digital certificate and often a hard copy is also sent.
Are certifications all the same?
- no, certifications have value if they are coming from a recognised body and are accredited by endorsements, credentials or badge.
What are credentials?
- credentials are qualification of someone’s background, that make him suitable for some specific job.
Do I always need to certify? Aren’t my skills enough?
- certifications prove your skills, allowing an employer to make a faster decision to hire you, without running specific assessments to test your knowledge. For the same reason, certification add value to your professional profile, increasing your chances of getting a better job with a higher salary.
What is a badge?
a badge, in learning industries, is a digital stamp provided by an independent, that guarantees accreditation to a certificate. The badge is generally digital and can be shown on personal curriculum or on social media profiles. Acclaim is the most known digital badge.
What is a practice test?
- a practice test is an assessment that prepares students to take a certain exam, providing with pretty much the same questions of the exam. In many cases, it simulates the exact exam environment, providing students with the same feeling of taking the actual exam.
How can I buy your products?
- Knowledge Pillars sells to different categories of customers. Whether you are a student or a school, organization, university you need to register on our page and access our webshop. To register, left click on the login icon on the right top of the www.knowledge-pillars.com and a registration form will pop-up.
Why are Knowledge Pillars certifications different and better than other certifications?
- Knowledge Pillars certifications provide with a live environment, where students have to prove their skills by performing tasks. For example, to take a Python Coding Specialist certification, students will have to answer to many questions by writing actual code, rather than answering to a question with multiple options. This characteristic provides with a higher level of reliability, given than a candidate won’t be able to just guess an answer, but he will be challenged and tested on his real knowledge.
- Knowledge Pillars certifications are completely browser-based; this feature allows a great flexibility and scalability, given that candidates won’t have to install any applications on their machine, avoiding frequent compatibility issues.
- Knowledge Pillars certifications are vendor-neutral.
What is a vendor-neutral certification and why is that important?
- A vendor-neutral certification identifies a set of credentials that are not controlled or distributed by a vendor. This is very important, because it guarantees that all the objectives and syllabus of the certification are in any way influenced by a vendor, that may want to try leveraging its own products through a focus on a specific subject of the tested topic. By being vendor-neutral, a certification provides with what is really needed for a student to have a proven, effective and complete knowledge of a certain technology matter.