SQL Coding Specialist Certification
The SQL Coding Specialist Certification Exam is designed to assess the proficiency of candidates in SQL programming and database management. The exam covers a broad range of topics, including data modeling, normalization, and database programming, as well as query optimization and performance tuning. Candidates will be evaluated on their ability to write complex SQL queries and functions, create and modify tables and rows, and retrieve data from multiple tables.
The SQL Coding Specialist is a globally-recognized industry certification on SQL programming, which grants database administrators, system engineers, and developers the ability to assess their knowledge and get credentials for their programming skills.
The unique peculiarity of the SQL Coding Specialist Certification is the assessment modality, which consists of a real live coding environment, offering candidates the ability to write proper code to perform tasks-based questions. This technology is called LITA (Live in the Application) and Knowledge Pillars is one of the very few organizations able to provide this very advanced assessment solution.
Number of questions: 35
Time limit: 50 minutes
Passing score: 75%
Format: Linear and Live-in-the-App
The examination procedure
The students will have to answer all the questions within the given timeframe.
They are free to ignore as many questions as they want. They will have the option to flag the questions and then review them at the end of the test (within the 50 minutes timeframe). All unanswered questions will be marked as incorrect.
When the test finishes the result of the examination is sent to the Knowledge Pillars server for storing.
Exam Objective Domains
Successful completion of the exam indicates mastery of SQL programming, database queries, and data management.
Candidates are expected to have at least 150 hours of hands-on experience or instructional lectures in SQL programming prior to taking the exam.
I. Introduction to Databases – SQL Server basics
- Define and differentiate flat file, hierarchical and relational databases
- Understand the concept of relations in relational databases
- Identify the importance of normalization and normal forms in keeping data simple and correct
II. Introduction to SQL
- Describe the basics of SQL
- Recognize different data types used in SQL
- Differentiate between the Query Languages: DQL, DML, DDL
- Create simple queries using SELECT FROM, DISTINCT and WHERE clauses
III. Getting more from SQL
- Sort data using ORDER BY clause
- Group data using GROUP BY clause
- Limit the number of results using TOP clause
IV. Doing math with data
- Perform simple mathematical operations in SQL
- Use COUNT, SUM, MIN and MAX functions to manipulate data
- Apply advanced filtering using HAVING clause
- Round numbers using the ROUND function
- Extract year, month and day information from dates
- Use COALESCE function to handle null values
V. Creating and Modifying Tables
- Create new tables using CREATE TABLE statement
- Modify existing tables using ALTER TABLE statement
- Delete tables using DROP TABLE statement
VI. Creating and Modifying Rows
- Insert new rows into tables using INSERT INTO statement
- Modify existing rows using UPDATE statement
- Delete rows from tables using DELETE FROM statement
VII. Getting data from more than one table
- Join two or more tables using INNER JOIN and OUTER JOIN
- Update tables using UPDATE JOIN
- Create subqueries to extract data from related tables
- Create views to simplify complex queries
- Create stored procedures to automate repetitive tasks
- Create functions to encapsulate reusable code
Everyone can achieve more with practice!
T-SQL Coding Specialist Practice Test by Knowledge Pillars offers aspiring and professional database administrators, system engineers, and developers the ability to assess their knowledge and prepare for the TCSC international certification exam. This assessment performed live-in-the-app combines a variety of Parsons programming puzzles, drag-and-drop matching and multiple-choice question types. You can also choose the objective domains you want to practice. Those students who sign-up and practice frequently are guaranteed to pass their international certification exam.
Each time you complete a practice test round, you receive a full performance and score report to help you focus on the exam domain objectives that require more practice. You can use the practice test as many times as you like within 90 days and observe how you improve by comparing your previous performance and score reports.
Practice Test Details
Number of questions: 120
Access Limit: 90 days
Format: Linear and Live-in-the-App
Modes: Real Test and Practice Test
How to take the SQL Coding Specialist Exam
If you’re ready to get SQL certified, all you need to do is follow the steps below:
- register on Knowledge Pillars and create your account,
- purchase your exam voucher from the Knowledge Pillars webshop,
- you will receive email instructions on how and where to take the exam, be sure to check your email SPAM and add Knowledge Pillars to your email contact list.
Once you have passed your SQL exam, you will get a confirmation email from Knowledge Pillars informing you where and when you will access your digital transcript and digital certificate.
Please view our Exam Policies for more information.
IMPORTANT: Knowledge Pillars Certifications are available through remote proctoring. Scheduling instructions will be provided in the order confirmation e-mail. Please contact our support for more information: email@example.com
The minimum system requirements are:
- Operating system: Windows 7/8/10 OS, MacOS X 10.0x or newer, Linux OS
- Minimum RAM: 1GB or more depending on the Operating System
- Minimum processor: 1.0 Ghz or more depending on the operating system and the architecture
- A color monitor with minimum display resolution: 1366px by 768px
- Internet access
- The latest version of the Chrome browser
- Automatic updates, notifications, other popup windows, and anything that can disrupt the examination process should be disabled
Give us your feedback!
If you’ve taken one of our exams, we want to hear from you!