WordPress Certified Administrator Certification
The WordPress Certified Administrator certification is designed for individuals who are interested in demonstrating their expertise in managing and maintaining a WordPress website. This certification program covers all aspects of WordPress administration, including site setup, configuration, security, performance optimization, and ongoing maintenance.
What are the benefits of getting the WordPress Certified Administrator Certification?
The WordPress Certified Administrator certification is a widely recognized credential for individuals who demonstrate expertise in managing and maintaining a WordPress website.
The certification covers all aspects of WordPress administration and requires passing a comprehensive exam that tests knowledge of best practices, configuration options, security measures, and troubleshooting techniques.
Benefits of the certification include improved job opportunities, increased knowledge and skills, professional recognition, enhanced career opportunities, improved problem solving skills, and personal growth and development.
Number of questions: 35
Time limit: 45 minutes
Passing score: 75%
Format: 100% In-App
The examination procedure
Each student will receive a unique WordPress installation based on the exam they are taking. They must answer all questions within the designated time limit.
Although students have the option to skip questions, any unanswered questions will be considered incorrect. At the end of the test, within the 45-minute time frame, students may return to answer any skipped questions.
Upon completion of the test, results are transmitted to KP’s server for storage. Students can access their results at any time by entering their credentials. The results for each exam voucher will be available for review.
Find more information about our Exam Retake Policy and Exam Proctoring options.
Exam Objective Domains
Candidates are required to have at least 150 hours of combined instruction and hands-on experience with using WordPress before taking the exam.
1. Hosting and Installation:
- Hosting Options
- Installing WordPress on a Local Server
- Website Migration
- Local Development
2. WordPress Themes:
- WordPress Theme Upload and Setup
- Theme Options and Settings
- Child Themes
3. Dashboard and Administration:
- Plugin Management
- Working With Widgets
- WordPress Tools
- Settings Tab
- Using and Managing Hooks
- Website speed optimization
- Basic PHP Modifications
- Creating and Managing Users
- User Role Editor Plugin
- WordPress Security Best Practices and Countermeasures
- Protecting your WordPress website
- Backup and recovering
- Using HTTP & SSL
- Changing the default Login URL
- Introduction to FTP
- What is the .htaccess file?
- Protecting .htaccess file from Unauthorized Access
- Protecting the WordPress Configuration wp-config.php File
- Restricting access via IP addresses
- Changing the Default WordPress Database Table Prefix
- WordPress Security Keys
- Disabling Hot Linking
- Hiding the WordPress Version Number
- Signs Your Site has been Hacked
- Fix a Hacked WordPress Website
- How to Manually Remove Malware
- Setup of the multisite
- Management of the multisite
- Migrating multisite to single site
- Migrating single site to multisite
- Create users to manage only one website or all websites in the multisite
- Share WordPress themes and plugins across multiple websites
- Backing up and protecting the multisite environment
How to take the exam
If you’re ready to get WordPress certified, all you need to do is follow the steps below:
- register on Knowledge Pillars and create your account,
- buy your exam voucher from the Knowledge Pillars webshop,
- you will receive email instructions on how and where to take the exam, be sure to check your email SPAM and add Knowledge Pillars to your email contact list.
Once you have passed your WP Administrator Specialist exam, you will get a confirmation email from Knowledge Pillars notifying you of when you will get your digital transcript and paper certificate.
Please view our Exam Policies for more information.
IMPORTANT: KP Certifications are also available through remote proctoring, to allow all our candidates to take exams in safety, during the COVID-19 emergency. Please contact our support for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
The minimum system requirements are:
- Operating system: Windows 7/8/10 OS, MacOS X 10.0x or newer, Linux OS
- Minimum RAM: 1GB or more depending on the Operating System
- Minimum processor: 1.0 Ghz or more depending on the operating system and the architecture
- A color monitor with minimum display resolution: 1366px by 768px
- Internet access
- The latest version of the Chrome browser
- Automatic updates, notifications, other popup windows, and anything that can disrupt the examination process should be disabled
WordPress Certified Administrator
|Number of questions:||35|
|Time limit||45 minutes|
Give us your feedback!
If you’ve taken one of our exams, we want to hear from you!